Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Luck

I believe in luck, I do. It comes and goes like most things in our lives. Sometimes we are lucky, good things happen to us for no apparent reason, they just do. Other times our good luck turns and we end up on the other end. It can happen to anyone, doesn't matter who you are. Now for as much as I rely on logic in my life believing in luck may seems strange, it may seem more so with the fact that I believe in lucky charms... not the cereal OK...



Everyone has items that make them feel good. For some reason the item gives them the idea that they are lucky, that good things will come their way. There is nothing wrong with that, and to some extent I think it works.

I do not think that the item on its own has any value of luck, instead I think it is the way that the person feels makes it lucky. Let me explain...

When you have an item that you believe to be lucky it can give you a positive attitude. You will feel a little more confident in your actions and therefore when you act it is with a better attitude.

With a better attitude comes better action. You may take try a little harder or look at things in a different way, and that can affect the outcome. Giving a little more effort and working towards things just a little bit more can make all the difference. If a "lucky" stone, ring, shirt, hat, etc. gives you that confidence to try, they work. The difference between success and failure can be as simple as how hard you try and the opportunities you seize. Being open to chance can be good luck in itself.

"When it comes to luck we make our own" Bruce Springsteen - Lucky Town

3 comments: